Friday, August 08, 2008

Mommy Time

So today is the start of the Olympics one of my favorite things to watch on TV ( besides CNN of course). I have said since the boys were born that I wanted one of them to go to the Olympics and when a gold medal and say I did it for you Mom!! So I started thinking about how I have so many hopes and dreams for my boys, but not much in the way of dreams for myself. Everyday revolves around what I am going to do for the boys and there is no time for what I want to do for myself. I guess I have been in the mindset that being this way makes me a better mother a selfless person who gives her all to her family. I had a breakthrough this morning reading a book I got in the mail from MOPs called the Mommy Diaries. I do need time for myself, and I need to have goals and interests outside of family. This does not make a selfish Mom but a Mom that is happy and fulfilled in all areas of life! So if by chance one or both of my boys wins a gold medal in the Olympics I hope they say "I did for myself"!

No comments: