Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Everybody wants to rule the world

Driving the other day I heard that song by Tears for Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World. This song took me back to the first few months with the boys, what a crazy time. I am sure everyone knows the first line to that song but in case you don't remember it, it goes "Welcome to your life, there's no turning back". That pretty much sums up how I was feeling during that point in mine and the boys life. I am so happy to say that both the boys and I have come a long way since then. Sure we have our ups and downs, but nothing compared to those days. So anyway, I was really thinking about this because potty training was a bust this weekend, and I was feeling like a failure of a mother and feeling uneasy in this uncharted territory, much like I did in those first months. I am happy to say that my husband talked me off the ledge and really was a great support to me. Also I am just not going to listen to any of the people to have been putting pressure on me to potty train and just let the boys lead the way. I have to say Matthew did pee pee on the potty tonight without pressure from me. I am excited about that but I am not holding my breath. I am hopeful that this next stage in the boys lives will be a learning experience for the three of us that is full of love and patience not pressure and stress.

No comments: