Thursday, November 06, 2008

Flu mist and Rental property woes

I was a firm believer before this week, that the flu shot and the flu mist could NOT get you sick, NOT anymore! I took the boys to the Dr. on Wednesday to get the flu mist and to get myself a flu shot because I had a free day during this crazy busy month. Well, about five hours after getting the shot I started having horrible aches in my legs, I felt horrible. I went to sleep and felt fine this morning so I thought all was well. Then Matthew starts having a runny nose, which they told me could be a side effect of the mist, by the time I get Matthew home from school and he is playing I look at his face and decide he looks a little red. I get the thermometer and he has a 102.3 fever! Mean while we have an empty rental property that needs to be painted, and I am supposed to meet the Nashville gas guy and someone else over their tomorrow at 8:00am. So this is not looking well, but then I think oh I am sure these side effects won't last long and we will still be able to have my MIL watch the boys this weekend. The phone rings. It is my MIL saying she is sick and won't be able to watch the boys until Saturday morning at the earliest! This day has gone from bad to worse in a hurry! So now I really do think Matthew is fine since he says he feels fine and his fever has gone down with the help of Motrin. I just hope we can get some work done on this house or the double mortgage payments will be coming.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It might not be the flu mist/shot. Wyatt had a fever this morning and I ended up taking him to the Dr. to rule out and ear infection. He had a cold but they ruled out strep. Now I have a cold also (again!) We might have just picked it up at Monkey tree house.